Mammoth is an integrated digital brand agency. Whether working with a large sporting event, a global educator, or a regional retailer, we provide creative solutions at scale.
There are 50+ people based in our Belfast office, including content creators, digital designers, media strategists, digital experts and more. As part of our integrated service, our Performance team is crucial in generating measurable results for our clients, in a more creative and effective way than our competitors.
The successful applicant will be joining at an exciting time for Mammoth, as a growing agency with an increased footprint across the UK, Ireland and further afield. As a new distinct arm of the business, Performance Marketing encompasses Biddable Media (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.), Data & Analytics and Digital Strategy. This is the first hire we are making into the team after the Digital Performance Director started earlier in 2020.
PPC has evolved far beyond just “pay per click”. We buy across a range of “biddable” interactions, from email opens to video views. We study user journeys from initial impression right through web/app engagement and beyond. We report on lifetime value and continuously hustle for maximum return-on-investment. This breadth of capability is why we see the future of PPC as the central piece of an holistic “Performance” category, delivering measurable results across an entire spectrum of digital engagement.
The industry continues to evolve at pace and we therefore place a premium on continuous learning & development. This is a specialist role and mastery of Google Ads is its primary aim. Yet, we don’t base our services solely on Google. PPC is a hugely transferrable skill and we expect our team members to develop a working understanding of one or more related platforms; whether LinkedIn Ads, Google Optimise, Facebook Ads or otherwise.
We are looking for a highly capable PPC (Biddable) Manager to support our Digital Performance Director in managing the increasing number of client accounts that we are winning. The successful candidate can expect to have responsibility from the start, in managing the end-to-end PPC & Biddable requirements for several clients; from the initial planning & performance review, to strategy, build, activation, monitoring, optimisation and reporting of campaigns.
As part of a large organisation, daily co-operation with various colleagues from across the business is expected, whether web specialists, digital designers, media experts and more. Regular client contact is also required, as we regularly put out proposals, reports and banter with clients. Co-ordination and management of junior team members will be a future requirement, as we hire more into our team.
In terms of industries, the role will have opportunity to work across clients from industries such as Education, Sport, Insurance, Energy, Software and Food – plus more as we add to our client portfolio.
We expect our PPC (Biddable) Manager:
- Can demonstrate a strong grasp of PPC basics and experience of advanced techniques, which inform both their strategic and day-to-day decisions;
- Delivers projects to a high standard; producing proposals grounded in insight, executing campaigns with excellence and analysing performance that results in actionable insight;
- Weaves strategic thinking throughout every project they touch and approaches each new piece of research with proactive curiosity;
- Has an entrepreneurial streak that looks beyond the basics when problem solving;
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest developments in PPC plus wider digital marketing, technology and data;
- Has both creative flair and numerical confidence, as the role necessitates both; they should be open to “muck in” with a creative brainstorming session, nor be disheartened at the thought of spending hours in a spreadsheet;
- Has financial responsibility and experience of managing budgets.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end management of campaigns for clients. This entails:
- Thorough initial research:
- using relevant tools & resources (Google Ad Planners, Think With Google, etc) to understand industry trends & context;
- engaging stakeholders in order to better understand brands, audiences, etc.;
- analysing historic performance.
- Comprehensive campaign planning:
- providing strategic channel recommendations, with the input of the Director or otherwise where required;
- outlining clear tactics and targeting, showing how they support campaign objectives;
- developing Key Performance Indicators.
- Creation & upkeep of marketing plans, often in co-ordination with other teams;
- Booking and reconciling budgets on our financial system;
- Building & executing campaigns (Search, Display, etc.) using the latest best practice:
- including smart bidding, responsive ads, campaign segmentation & structure, match type strategy, negative keywords, extensions, audiences and more;
- briefing creative teams to ensure excellent asset & advert development.
- Developing a clear & consistent tracking process:
- Implementing tracking where needed, e.g. utm tracking;
- Assisting the Director in rolling out Tag Management solutions.
- Continuous monitoring & optimisation of live campaigns:
- budget management across multiple clients and campaigns using our proprietary software, ensuring they deliver within budget;
- continuous monitoring of KPIs & metrics to ensure they deliver as planned, across Ad platforms and Web/App Analytics;
- developing & actioning optimisation plans.
- Proactive evolution of campaign strategy & tactics, as appropriate;
- Regular client reports & engagement:
- ensuring clients are kept abreast of significant changes & developments;
- keeping clients up-to-date on campaign performance, ongoing optimisation, learnings & future actions.
- End-of-campaign reports that provides deep-dive analysis, learnings & future recommendations, “closing the loop” by providing insights for future campaigns;
In addition to the above, you will be responsible for:
- Management & co-ordination of junior executives alongside the Director:
- weekly management of tasks, ensuring timely project delivery;
- ensuring team output is of satisfactory quality;
- training as required.
- Supporting the Director in prospective project development as required:
- industry & audience research, plus campaign audits;
- compiling presentations and written reports;
- presenting in person or over video calls.
- Developing relationships with external parties (such as platform reps).
You will be asked to complete a series of Google Ads exams within the first few months of joining & are expected to keep these continuously up to date.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a role where PPC is the dominant day-to-day role;
- Fluency with Google Ads and Google Analytics;
- Solid digital marketing knowledge and understanding of what makes marketing win;
- Confident individual who can meet, manage and exceed client expectations;
- Proven ability to measure, analyse and evaluate the success of online marketing;
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset;
- Impeccable communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills and grasp of search copywriting best practice;
- Creative go-getter, able to generate ideas and bring them to life on digital;
- Process orientated and driven to grow as an individual;
- A through, diligent and pragmatic approach;
- Solid computer literacy, e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Google Ads qualifications;
- Experience of non-Google PPC platforms (e.g. Microsoft Advertising);
- Experience of Social Advertising (Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, etc.);
- Experience of Google Marketing Platform (Data Studio, Surveys, Tag Manager, 360 Suite);
- Google Ads Scripts capability.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: End of September 2020