Mammoth is a digital brand agency with engagement at its heart. Whether working with a large sporting event, a global educator, or a regional retailer, we drive creative solutions for clients at scale.
There are 40+ people based in our Belfast office, including content creators, digital designers, media strategists, digital experts and more. As part of our integrated service, our social media team is crucial for connecting people with our clients’ brands.
We are looking for an ambitious Social Media Executive to support our Digital Account Manager in bringing content to life through various social media channels. They will be responsible for the day-to-day creation, activation, monitoring, management and reporting of social content and performance.
The role naturally assumes an interest in Social Media, but also in the wider sphere of digital communication and engagement. In a world of continuously evolving social ‘tribes’, we put importance in the strategic ability to navigate these waters. The successful applicant can expect to work in a fast-paced environment, both in engineering rapid solutions for clients, but also in keeping up with the latest developments in digital and social marketing.
Our Social Media Executive will be expected to combine both creative and analytical ability, in order to provide the stand-out, data-led solutions that our clients expect. Working with stakeholders is a daily part of the role – both with clients, influencers and internal colleagues. There is financial responsibility also, as a critical part of the role is Social Advertising.
The role will initially be focused on working with a key Retail client of ours, but will have opportunity to work across our other clients, from industries such as Sport, Insurance, Education and Food.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can find creative solutions with the available resources at hand; whether through collaboration with our designers, interaction with suppliers or tactical knowledge of social platforms;
- Seeks value in the small details; whether through analysis of platform metrics or in the nuances of post creation;
- Hustles for effectiveness, pushing for the best solutions to client challenges;
- Forms persuasive opinions that convince not condemn;
- Doesn’t settle for something that just ‘looks nice’, rather has purpose and value within a wider strategy;
- Works easily with others of different levels and skillsets inside and outside the agency.
As a Social Media Executive, you will:
- Work closely with clients and other stakeholders (including influencers) to plan and manage day-to-day campaign operations;
- Plan social media content, that fits within thematic pillars, support an objective and work within a strategic framework;
- Build, activate, monitor & optimise on paid social that performs to specific KPIs;
- Manage and track paid social budgets across multiple clients and campaigns, ensuring they deliver within budget;
- Work across several insights tools, whether platform insights (e.g. Facebook Insights) or social listening tools, in order to understand audiences and inform campaign development;
- Report across both organic & paid social media activity, in order to give context to the performance of our efforts;
- Post and schedule organic social content as required, across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more;
- Brief in digital designers to produce stand-out content and adverts;
- Proactively develop tactical opportunities for campaigns and relationships with external parties (such as platform reps);
- Support the Digital Account Manager in creating strategic proposals for existing clients and in building new business proposals;
- Keep up to date on social media trends and influencers;
- Assist in the booking and reconciliation of our financial records;
- Operate within a stringent tracking process, including implementing UTM tracking of links.
- Minimum 18 months’ experience in a role where social media is the dominant day-to-day role;
- Fluency with social platforms – both in the way they are used by everyone and in your familiarity with the user interface;
- Solid digital marketing knowledge and understanding of what makes marketing win;
- Confident individual who can meet, exceed and manage client expectations;
- Proven ability to measure, analyse and evaluate the success of online marketing;
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset;
- Impeccable communication skills;
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write content across all social media platforms;
- Creative go-getter, able to generate ideas and bring them to life on social;
- Knowledgeable in what makes effective social media content;
- Process orientated and driven to achieve continuous improvement;
- A through, diligent and pragmatic approach;
- Solid computer literacy, e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or other tertiary qualification;
- Facebook Blueprint qualification.
Please email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 6th March