Mammoth is a digital brand agency with engagement at its heart. Whether working with a large sporting event, a global educator, or a regional retailer, we drive creative solutions for clients at scale.
There are 50+ people based across our Belfast & London offices, including content creators, digital designers, media strategists, digital experts and more. As part of our integrated service, our social media team is crucial for connecting people with our clients’ brands.
We are looking for a talented Social Media Manager with a passion for connecting brands and customers. You will develop and execute campaigns that are entirely strategic, fuelled by creativity, led by customer insight and data. Through a focus on both short-term execution and long-term strategy, you will thrive on showing clients the power of social media to develop their business and delight their customers.
Of primary importance is a desire to understand customers and connect with them in exceptional ways. An in-depth understanding of social platforms is therefore a requirement, as is an ongoing passion for learning, as the world of social and digital is ever-evolving. As a high-engagement channel, you will be expected to be ‘keeping a pulse’ on customer sentiment and behaviour. Familiarity with social listening and analytics tools are therefore highly valuable.
Core to this role is leading both internal and external stakeholders through each life stage of a social campaign. Working closely with team members across media, performance, content and digital will mean day-to-day communication skills and speaking ability are key. As a strategic leader, bringing others along for the journey is also important.
The role will be very versatile as it involves multiple clients and industries, for example in Education, Energy, Tourism, Sport & Leisure and B2B.
As a Social Media Manager, you will:
- Work closely with clients and other stakeholders (including influencers) to develop campaigns; identifying objectives, developing strategy, research and planning;
- Conduct audience research including behaviours and preferences;
- Conduct content audits and research, including trends and competitor assessment;
- Craft creative and inspiring content strategies and calendars for the varied Mammoth client portfolio that align with their business goals;
- Oversee junior executives in content production, posting, research, audits and more;
- Work closely with the in-house creative team (designers, videographers, animators, etc.), developing relationships, fostering ideas from initial inspiration, through iterative development until final deliverable;
- Schedule & post social media content through Hootsuite (or otherwise), in a timely, tactical and thorough manner, ensuring consistency and accuracy;
- Work closely with the Creative Director and their creative team to feed ideas into brand marketing campaigns;
- Create social media profile content (e.g. headline imagery, business info, etc.);
- Work closely with the paid media team to schedule and set up paid campaigns using A/B testing, granular targeting and planner tools to inform budget weighting and approach;
- Ensure best practice is followed across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and more in all instances;
- Monitor, analyse and report on the performance of content using analytics software and social listening tools, and then use those learnings to make content recommendations;
- Post campaign reporting – develop an engaging reporting template which brings the data to life and delivers actionable insights;
- Operate within a stringent tracking process, including implementing UTM tracking;
- Utilise the latest social technologies, trends, tools and applications;
- Manage commercial aspects of social projects; scoping work, costing requirements, managing team productivity and ensuring profitability;
- Manage social budgets, invoices and reconciliation through our finance system;
- Work with the broader Mammoth team to build business cases, pitches and proposals for new projects;
- Drive the social media team to be best in class and aim to deliver award winning campaigns for Mammoth clients.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a social media role in an agency or in-house;
- Confident individual who can meet, exceed and manage client expectations;
- Experience in delivering social media campaigns across multiple platforms;
- Experience in setting up social channels for brands, building and growing a following and creating compelling content to keep the audience engaged;
- Presentation skills – capability to present in person or via zoom and inspire confidence;
- Capability to manage client budgets and financial planning;
- Experienced in using social media analytics and listening tools;
- Capability to show social media success against identified KPI’s;
- Process orientated and driven to achieve continuous improvement;
- A through, diligent and pragmatic approach;
- Solid computer literacy, e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or other tertiary qualification;
- Facebook Blueprint qualification(s).
Please email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 26th February